Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pentecost

Pentecost. The day when Holy Spirit came down as gift to disciples. It's though invisible, Holy Spirit is always with us, Fr. Leo reminded us.
Oh, when the first psalm started, I knew Kaoru-san was back. Her voice was a gift, a beautiful song from the above comforting our hearts with peace and grace. Kaoru-san, I miss your songs! Welcome back!

***
Cooked dinner tonight. As plain as the diet for monks.

Today's special: bitter melon.








Mama said bitter melon is also called 'half-life melon', which means after passing half of your life, you've already tasted all kind of bitterness of life and you wouldn't find this melon particularly bitter and from that time onwards, you would love this vege. Oops! Does it mean I've passed half of my life already?
Fruit dessert is cherry. Yes, it's cherry season. I always remember that mom told me at the time when I wasn't living together with them, they always bought me cherries when they came to see me. Cherries are kind of an expensive fruit at that time but of coz as a stupid kid I wouldn't know about this. So I didn't eat it myself but rather fed some monkeys with cherries! A whole pack of cherries as mom told me!

No comments: